After two years on hold because of Covid-19, Dulaney Valley Memorial Gardens will once again host its annual Blessing of the Pets and Remembrance Ceremony. The ceremony, which is open to people and pets of all faiths, will honor our pet companions both past and present. In addition to pets that attend, pet parents are welcome to bring photos of their pets who have passed so that they too will be remembered with a blessing. The ceremony will include a special tribute to all service K-9s. This year marks the 55th anniversary of Dulaney Valley’s first pet memorial garden. The event will conclude with the dedication of the Dulaney Valley Pet Loss Center. Pastor Nick Skinner will officiate. WBAL reporter Tommie Clark will serve as emcee.
“We are pleased to be hosting the Pet Blessing ceremony this year after the hiatus brought on by the pandemic. The ceremony has always held a special place in our hearts as we recognize the powerful and genuine bond that exists between people and their pets. When we started our Pet Blessing event, we found that many of the families who brought their pets to the ceremony also brought photos or mementoes of their beloved pets who had passed away so that their memory could be blessed as well. That began our tradition of extending the ceremony to honor and remember all pets,” said Jack Mitchell, President of Dulaney Valley Memorial Gardens.
Date: Saturday, October 22, 2022
Time: 10:00 A.M.
- Blessing of the pets ceremony officiated by Pastor Nick Skinner.
- Celebration of Life for pets who have passed will feature a bubble release.
- Tribute to Police K-9s who have passed away within the last two years.
- Demo by the Baltimore County Police K-9 Unit.
- A tree will be planted as a living memorial to all pets.
- The Crisis Response Canines will be honored.
- Refreshments and gift.
- In honor of Dulaney Valley’s 55thanniversary of providing pet services to the community, attendees will have a chance to win a $55.00 gift certificate to the pet store of their choice.
- Event is free and open to the public.
- Rain or shine.
Location: Dulaney Valley Memorial Gardens, 200 E. Padonia Road, Timonium, MD. Upon entering the main gate, head to the right and up the hill to the northeast corner of the cemetery.
Note: For the well-being of all, please use a leash or carrier, as appropriate.
Information: 410-666-0490, www.dulaneyvalley.com
The annual Blessing of the Pets and Remembrance Ceremony took place on Saturday, October 22, 2022 at Dulaney Valley Memorial Gardens. Approximately 120 guests attended along with their beloved pets. Pastor Nick Skinner officiated. The ceremony included a bubble release to remember pets that no longer are by our side but forever in our hearts. Memorial chimes were placed on a river birch tree to dedicate the new Pet Loss Center. The Crisis Response Canines were honored. The ceremony concluded with a demo by the Baltimore County Police K-9 unit.